Wednesday, November 9, 2011

All of it... is Rubbish.


Seems I have been bombarded with a lot of relationship issues of late.

A lot of my male clients are talking and telling me very depressing things. Things I have been through and heard of and seen in my world and the world around me. It is common. It is life. And it is not going to end by me writing this silly blog.

But it sucks to know of all these things. And of course I am a hypochondriac that has all these symptoms to this rare and incurable disease. Commitment.

I am a committment fool. I love being in a relationship. I have been in one since I was about 14. Well, I have been in several since then, but have had very little down time without a man. I like men. They are much easier to live with, dont talk as much, dont take your clothes or make-up or hair products. They just want to eat tasty food, have a few cocktails, use the remote and have their penis' touched. (and we all know about the penis's needs)

Why. WHY? Are so many people unsatisfied? In love and home life? I think we fall in love and get married and have a family and it is hard to have a family. And maybe even do these things for the wrong reasons.

I felt that way, the 'prove it, if you love me' way. What a mistake that would have been had they called my bluff. I have felt that way to even put a timeline on the big C and threatened the end of a relationship if it didnt go that way. Which makes no sense whatsoever. If you love someone you cant really stop just because there hasnt been a promise of "I Do"

I have been that woman that wanted to be married. Although it was long ago. And even before I was ever engaged the 1st time.... I have, by the grace of my own goddessness, realized that marriage is truly a state of mind. Or is it?

It is and and maybe it isn't. When people go through the ritual of getting married, the ceremony of a commitment, they have established a promise and worked through a big and often stressful event together. This can give an open view into how couples handle various things that wedding planning creates. I often think that any sort of wedding info should always start with, "Plan your marriage with as great of detail as you plan your wedding".

I have seen the unhappy relationships. With a few questions, it is easy to figure out why people become unhappy. My assumption would put about 98.9% at a communication breakdown. Over time creating serious resentment and a passive aggressive household.

My opinion is that we have either not learned how to speak in honest ways and/or learned to have discussions that solve issues.

There are things that are difficult to talk about. Money is one of them. It is very stressful when one or both partners have fears about money. That is a conversation that must be honestly brought to the table and worked out. New goals have to be set when changes happen. We are all going through changes right now.

Sex is another topic that is difficult when one person is not showing an interest in sex. We all know that men and women are different in so many ways. I think if the woman in not fulfilling her role in the bedroom, there is a reason. (it is usually the woman) Communicate. Ask questions. Listen. FIND a solution. Whether this discussion takes an hour or a month. Then work at it daily

Sadly, I dont know if I believe forever exists. I think it is possible. But very rare. So I will keep on communicating and asking for what I want and show my willingness to compromise and solve problems. It is a two way street.

10 comments:

Bretthead said...

Way to clearly articulate the only four things us guys need.

Mandy_Fish said...

It is hard work. Period.

I think some people think that if you find the right person it should be easy. That is simply not true.

And I think you're 100% right. It's all about communication. I think our egos get in the way of each of us being able to really hear the other person.

Communication is more than just about communicating our needs, it is also hearing what the other person is communicating. Without rolling your eyes or telling them why they're wrong to need that.

Ha.

NicePeace said...

Wow- I have learned to communicate the truth. Btw-you only comment on my posts if boobs and boners are in the material.

Mandy- you "Ha" by experience I am guessing!? The fight with ego is a damaging one. I find when ego is present it takes hours to get to the source and only moments to get to a solution when love and compassion become present.

Red Shoes said...

What a great post!

Relationships/commitments are difficult... I don't think they are ever easy... albeit, I think they are 'easier' when you have someone with whom you are more compatible...

I do think communication is important.. as is sex. Is sex a form of communication?? I think it might be.

Is it 'forever?' I used to think so... now, I'm no longer sure...

~shoes~

Bretthead said...

So.

You get the pleasure of long IM sessions so I don't need to comment on everything. Can we talk about boobs?

Bathwater said...

I do not believe forever exists, we live too long, yet often we live in the moment.

I don't think I will get married again. I am not sure I could commit to staying happily together with someone (for ever).

I do believe in being committed to someone. Maybe on a five year renewable contract.

said...

Oh men+women = so complicated anyway, isn't it? ANY relationships are hard. Even relationships with my family members has gone all crazy over the past year.

And yes, communication is key but damn it's hard when words are so loaded.

NicePeace said...

Shoes-Being compatible makes a big difference but even then it takes communication to get through when you dont see eye to eye.

Sex is communicating.

Wow- Boobs.

Bather- People change constantly and it is about the 5 year mark when it is most telling and the communication changes.

T- Loaded words. I am guilty of those. And do I hate hearing them coming at me too. If only we could wake up and forget about yesterday's pains and start anew in all our relationships. I would love to start relating.

Memphis said...

A passive/aggressive household - you nailed it on the head right there! And, of course, all the other things you said, too. You nailed it all.

Sandra said...

So funny to read this, not funny "haha" funny "interesting"...I am going through a similar thought process, although I am married. But keep wondering if I can keep this up forever. Good for you for going down the path of introspection. Not always easy!