Monday, October 8, 2012

Hot A.F. and CRAP

It is still hot A.F. in AZ. Everyone else is getting 10-30 degrees of below average weather and we are still sweating our balls off.

I love this time of year. It is perfect for getting out. In AZ we are prisoners of the heat as it is hot day and night. This is the time of year everyone is out on bike trails, jogging, hiking and golfing. The lake is beautiful and our desert is coming to life. There is always something in bloom in Arizona and it is truly a great place to live.

I was out and about this weekend. There is an event called Tour de Fat that Fat Tire Beer puts on here. It is to get people out of their cars and riding bikes for the environment and such. It was pretty fun. People dress crazy and drink. Good times. We rode bikes to the event, which is at Tempe Town Lake, near ASU. It was pretty packed, hot and a shit ton of people.

I am doing a cleanse as soon as I return from yet another vacation. I have been boozing it up way too much lately, eating out regularly and neglecting my overall health. The thing is I dont feel like I have any of the issues that are labeled below.

The cleanse is a 10 day Clean body/ Clean mind to give yourself a break from the C.R.A.P. Caffeine, Refined Sugars, Alcohol and Processed Foods. I like CRAP. Wait. I actually have a heavy duty caffeine love and like weekend drinks. I dont think I over do refined sugars and I know I dont do many, if any, processed foods. Here is what you are supposed to notice.


Weight Loss - Everyone has an ideal weight in mind. I am pretty ok with my weight and always have been.
Clearer Skin - I dont have any issues with acne or dull shitty skin.
Increased Energy - Mine is so-so. I rarely feel low energy and if I do, I know exactly why.
Deeper Sleep - Jeeze. I fricken sleep. So hard. Fall asleep, wake up I dont need stimulants to stay awake
Improved Digestion - Seems to do the do do just fine.
Improved Mood - I am so fucking happy. It's gross.
Healthier Habits - Booze caffeine. Ok I like the idea about feeling inspired. Health is important.
Balanced Blood Sugar - My blood is sweet and balanced.
Optimal Metabolism -  Yeah Check.


I am 'posed to feel food and they provide shopping lists and recipes. Oh and did I mention that this is a test group? Well, it is so I have to be in a secret FB group, and fully participate, do group calls and the like.  Oh and no meat. I like the meat. I will be doing journaling and meditating. So if you see me snippy on facebook, just post a picture of meat and booze and caffeine and well, CRAP.

I am off to spend 6 days with my kids, the BF and the ex hub. Should be ....fun and I am looking forward to it. I asked for a body of water and there it is.

I am going to try to write more, at least weekly. Any topics? I am so brain dead. Oh and I havve taken like six weeks of vacation this year. I am so there for I am.







1 comment:

said...

I'm happy to hear you're so healthy and happy too! Enjoy your time away with the fam.

XO