Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Breathe In~ Breathe Out

Respect is earned. And it is taught. My boyfriend and my daughter do not respect each other. They want to. They try to. And I am here being the voice of my daughter. That is what I am supposed to do. And that is what I will do. When ugly becomes nasty, there are things you just cannot ever take back.

I have learned that when you hear what you dont want to hear about yourself, you will react like a wounded animal. Fangs out ready to hide. But we arent animals so we turn the tables and keep blaming the other person. We hide from ourselves and make excuses as way to justify that somehow a person we love deserved to be insulted.

My heart is heavy.

You just can't take it back.

3 comments:

Mandy_Fish said...

I'm so sorry to hear this.

:-(

NicePeace said...

Thank you. This is a very painful moment in my life. I'm not sure if I can fix it.

Memphis said...

I don't fully understand what's happened, but I do understand how words can wound and can never be unsaid. I hope somehow everything turns out OK.