Thursday, January 20, 2011

The Same Old Ground


Sometimes we stay together, because we don't leave.

I usually leave. And it takes a very long and painful time. I am very proud and rebellious. Not a winning ingredient in a relationship that is frustrating and just. plain. hard.

Why? When something feels bad my instinct is to get away from it, end it, make it go away, change it.

Do we hold on to hope or look at reality? I hear we arent supposed to live in the past but doesnt history always repeat itself?

Opposites are good and bad. I like to share a life with the person I am with not plan life by myself. It's okay.

Think about it...

How I wish you were here.
We're just two lost souls
Swimming in a fish bowl,
Year after year,
Running over the same old ground.
What have we found?
The same old fears.
Wish you were here.

2 comments:

said...

LOVE the song.

And yes, my first instinct is to run away too. I've been taught to stay, talk, love through it. But only because he does that too.

((hugs))

SS said...

Hello... new reader. You are a woman and like coffee, so far so good!