Sunday, August 9, 2009

Drinking Without Clothes


Right in the middle of summer, my kids start school. I'm not a fan of the first day of school being August 10th. When you are still in the dead of summer in the desert, it is difficult to take it seriously.

Picking-upHaley and Olivia was a very happy moment for me. The BF had planned a weekend stay-cation upon their return. We went to a hotel with a water park to hang out with them. This was a great idea! It gave us uninterrupted time away from daily chores, computers, friends and not being able to escape from each other. We spent, literally hours, catching up about their trip, their friends and really reconnected. I must admit it was truly a relaxing enjoyable weekend for us all.

I had to change jobs recently as the company I was working for stopped paying their employees. The money ran out. They still owe me 2 paychecks. I like my new job and was very thankful to find one so quickly. It is very tough out there if you are unemployed. Life is good and I have much gratitude for life.

The BF and I had a great summer together. My kids dad has pretty much never lived by me since our divorce. I have always had my girls with me holidays, weekends, summers and so forth. He is the dad that usually comes and sees them for a week maybe, twice a year. I have raised them constantly so the break from them was so good for all of us. When you start to date someone with kids, you have an instant family. The BF and I never got to just date. I've always had to get arrange for someone to be with them. This summer was my first extended time away and we partied, vacationed, relaxed and explored our life together as a couple.

We took several trips away from the desert heat. Even with are cooler than average temps in June, July made the record to be the hottest July evah! In June we did our over night camping kayak trip and met Miss Pyscho, love of my life. This was such a fun trip, outdoors, carefree, great weather, terrific friends. I hope to make that trip again and again.



We then took a trip to Greer Arizona, I think it is in NE AZ and a beautiful, forresty, fresh air town. My BF's step dad was killed in a plane crash many years ago. They have a cabin up there and David (whom I have never met) seemed to be an avid explorer of Arizona. David found amazing places to take his family deep in the mountains surrounding him. He had a special place that he would take my BF's sister and mom. Father's Day weekend after a 2 hour dirt road drive, we hiked a simple mile to basically an untouched heaven. There was not another soul around us. His sister scattered her dad's ashes into the flowing creek down the waterfall. He died 15 years ago. I was so honored to be a part of witnessing this peaceful place as well as feeling a sense of closure even in my own heart.



We took a drive to Southern California and camped with some great friends along the beach in San Clemente. The weather was perfect, the water was warm and the company was inviting and fun. My sister drove over and hung out with us so I got to see family too. Our friends have a motor home but we tried to tent camp. I love the out doors but I love a nice comfy bed. Since we have a motor home we dont have good tent camping equipment so it kinda sucks when we try to wing it. We slept in the tent just the one night!

Fourth of July we drove back to So Cal and stayed in Huntington Beach with my brother and his family. There is nothing like great weather in Southern California, the coast is a prime spot and we brought bikes and just had a relaxing time hanging out. My brother and I have such different views on things, we dont have conflict or anything but I wonder who raised him sometimes. He speaks his mind and it causes me to shut down. I love him and always will, I just dont get racism. It offends the fuck out of me and the BF. To me, you cant argue with a drunk or a hater. Hopefully something in his heart with switch, someday.

After those 4 trips, we needed some down time, and we were burnt out from driving everywhere. We had a few pool parties and leisurely mornings being a couple. On one night we had friends over and after our friends left,we had a naked pool party. Somehow, we ended up having a misunderstanding. We were in the pool and I got out to shower. It like 11pm and when i was done, I went looking for the BF. He left the house and when I called him he said he went for a walk. In my state of mind I was really pissed about this. I told him I was going to look for him. So I walked outside about 500 ft to the corner. I was completely naked and talking to him on the phone! We live in a typical neighbor hood, houses all around. Our neighbor directly across the street is ALWAYS out, smoking and drinking. Not tonight. I come to after a car drives by and turns on the corner i was standing naked on. I think this guy driving by is a crack dealer, becasue he is coming and going at all times of the day and night. I go in the house and the BF is back, he came thru the back door. We have an ugly fight. I get dressed and go out front. Im crying and upset and by now the drinking and smoking guy is out front with his buddies, I go over to calm down and tell them we are fighting over something really stupid and then I tell them about being naked and he is pissed cause he is usually out being the watch do of the hood!

So i calm down, go to my house grab some beers and go back over. Some guy rides up on a bike and I swear to god says "Hey I just saw this naked woman with blond hair talking on a cell phone standing on the corner, I'm going to look for her"

Me and the 3 guys I am sitting there with start laughing and say "nope havent seen her!" I dont think my neighbor believed me, because it is so out of character to do that. We all had a good laugh and I went home and told the BF I was sorry and then told him the naked story. I dont think he was too happy about it, but i thought it was really funny.

10 comments:

your psycho ex-girlfriend said...

you are the love of my life too! i just wish i could have been there to see you nekked on the street corner!

NicePeace said...

You get to see me nakie all the time... aren't you getting the pictures?

Shelly Rayedeane said...

Arizona is beautiful. There is something about the red rock which I find peaceful and mesmerizing.

It is hot as hell there though.

I'm surprised they haven't passed some law which allows nakedness when the temp gets too high.

After all, the human brain supposedly begins to boil in the head at 106 degrees.

NicePeace said...

Shelly: Red Rocks in Sedona are magical.

I forgot all about the heat factor here, now I can slide by the excuse that it wasn't the booze but the 113 degree heat. I took it upon myself to pass the law on my very own street corner. The naked July the heat made me do it law. It's still in effect.

Bretthead said...

I'm glad things are looking up. Thanks for writing like eleventeen blogs in one here.

Anonymous said...

wow: I am so busy I cant even log in. You didnt even read it did you? I want a summarized version from you.

momo

Bretthead said...

You have had lots of fun travels and adventures. You are happy your kids are back. Work schmerk. You still get in fights but always make up. You are a total exhibitionist. You miss me.

NicePeace said...

WOW: OMG! It's all the truth!

Cunning_Linguist said...

School starting Aug 10???? For realsies??? Man, I'd be one pissed off kid.

Now go hook up the webcam and call people again. Your blog audience needs to have a show.

NicePeace said...

Cunning: How many times do I have to tell you I dont do film? It can never be a good thing.

You need a harem, but we cant help you.